Thursday, April 29, 2010

Free to Live

You are the most awesome group of people on the face of the earth. Give yourself a pat on the shoulder and say “I’m the best”.

You are no longer under the curse of sin and death. Christ has redeemed you from the law of sin and death – you are free to live!

When Jesus died for you – you died to the law. He paid the price for you and me. So that I may take the sacrifice and live.

Galatians 2:19 For I through the Law [under the operation of the curse of the Law] have [in Christ's death for me] myself died to the Law and all the Law’s demands upon me, so that I may [henceforth] live to and for God.

God wants us to LIVE for Him. That’s just awesome. You and I have been chosen to LIVE for God.

The Invitation is given, if you accept it – the invitation, HE will use you.

Zephaniah 1:7 [Hush!] Be silent before the Lord God, for the day [of the vengeance] of the Lord is near; for the Lord has prepared a sacrifice, and He has set apart [for His use] those who have accepted His invitation.

You are set apart for HIS use.

Romans 8:3 For God has done what the Law could not do, [its power] being weakened by the flesh [the entire nature of man without the Holy Spirit]. Sending His own Son in the guise of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, [God] condemned sin in the flesh [subdued, overcame, deprived it of its power over all who accept that sacrifice],

So if I accept the sacrifice, if I accept the invitation – I am free, because He has then redeemed me from the curse of sin and death.

I am no longer condemned to die – I am FREE to LIVE!

We now live our lives in Christ Jesus to the glory of God the Father, moved, controlled and led by the Holy Spirit.

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Christ has made you free – free to live – SO LIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment